|Playlist2FCP completely automates the transfer of non AAC audio tracks from iTunes to FCP.
By leveraging the power of the FCP XML format, Playlist2FCP allows FCP to seamlessly import iTunes Playlists, complete with Track Name and Number, Artist and Album information into FCP.
Playlist2FCP is a simple to use utility.
It can be either used either as an droplet or with manual operation,
The user is able to select the name for the Bin that is later on used in FCP, or have Playlist2FCP sort all tracks into Album or Artist Bins.
The user also has the option to reference the current media files in the iTunes Music directory, or copy or move these files to a new location.
Finally all these processes can be performed by simply dropping an iTunes playlist file onto the Playlist2XML icon or window. The resulting XML file will automatically open in FCP.
An Avid version will be available soon.
The Playlist2FCP interface is kept simple and easy to understand.
First of all you MUST be sure to have the RIGHTS to use the tracks in your FCP projects !
There are some requirements about the format of the iTunes playlist and what files it refers to. So all selected titles must be AIFF, Apple lossless, MP3 or WAV format, titles with AAC encoding won't be accepted by FCP, also the MP3 format is not really recommened for editing in FCP. The playlist then must be exported in text format in order to make it work with Playlist2FCP.
You can drop a playlist onto the table or onto the applications icon, use the "Load.." button or press "Command-O" to open a iTunes playlist. The playlist will be read and sorted that sorted either by Album or Artist - this can be changed later if needed.
All relevant data from the playlist are now listed. You can delete selected tracks by pressing 'Command-Delete'. To save this list as a FCP XML, hit the "Create FCP XML" button or "Command-S".
Before creating the actual XML you should select the framerate of your FCP project in the FCP fps settings in the upper left. Also make your choice of the the options described below.
Bin naming options:
- Automatic Bin name will create a Bin for every Album or Artist in the XML
- Bin name from Artist or Bin name from Album allow different sort options
- Manual Bin will create one Bin for all files
- No action: will leave leave all files in the iTunes folders
- "Folder" Button: allows to select or create a folder where all copied or moved files and or folders reside in.
- Copy files: will copy the files into a selected folder while creating a folder structure that is the same as the bin structure.
- Move files: will actually move the files to a selected folder with the same structure as above. iTunes is still able to access those files, as long as the new folders are still accessible for iTunes on your computer.
- Create date folder: this will create a folder within the selected folder, which is named with the current date, all subfolders and files will be created the way it is described above. This is particular useful if you want to keep track of the history of adding sound files to your project.
- Convert to WAVE: allows you to resample those files to a 48 kHz 16bit uncompressed Wave fle.
- Auto perform XML creation: if you drop a playlist onto the apps icon, the app will automatically create an XML with the current or saved settings.
- Auto open FCP: will open or activate FCP with an XML import dialog after the XML has been created.
- Double click on any field in the table (except "Time" and 'Location') will make this field editable. 'Tab', 'Shift-Tab' and 'Return' will allow you go through the fields without the need to double click them.
- 'Command-Delete' allows to remove a track from the current playlist.
- If a row is selected, you can hit "L" to play the track, "K" to stop it and "J" to go to the beginning.
- Some more - try to find out.
Some issues and limitations.
In some cases iTunes might not export the actual file path. In these cases the sound file won't connect automatically in FCP, so you must use the FCP "Reconnect" feature.
Maybe there are other issues we are not aware.
The current version is available "as is" for 35 EUR per license with a one year suscription for updates and free tech support. You will get the application as prepaid PayPal download version. After confirmed payment you normally will receive the software and serial number within 24 hours.
Click here to download the free 30 day trial version
- Apple PowerMac G4 (the faster the better)
- 256 MB RAM (more=better)
- MacOS X 10.3 or higher
- QuickTime 6.4 or higher
- iTunes 7.x or higher
- FCP 4.1 or higher
|For further information contact:
Nelkenstr. 25, D-76135 Karlsruhe
To get a special quote based on a coupon code click here and enter your code in the subject
If you got problems with PayPal just contact me.